Keltis Red Kelt
Organic Red Wine Keltis Kelt – Lower Styria, Slovenia.
- The winegrower: The Kelhar Family.
- Region: Bizeljsko, Lower Styria, Slovenia.
- Grape varieties: Merlot (70%), Cabernet Sauvignon (30%).
- Soil: Slate, clay and sandstone.
- Harvest: Hand picking, beginning of October.
- Alc.: 13 % vol.
- Sweetness: Dry.
- Vintage: 2017 – 2019.
- Volume: 750 ml.
Vinification: 14 days of maceration, with spontaneous fermentation. No added yeast, no filtration. Maturation: 30 months in used oak 500L barrels. The wine is unfiltered and a minimum amount of sulfites was added just before bottling. Ageing potential: 2021 – 2029.
Characteristics: A wine that impresses with its full, rich taste. It is extremely soft and rich in the mouth, a small imposition of vine can be felt. The wine is a real concentrate. It needs a lot of air so decanting or Bordeaux type glass is recommended.
Food pairings: Game terrine, lasagna, mushrooms dishes, wild duck, pheasant, mature cheeses. The wine is also great with a jerky steak or venison anyway. Serving temperature: 12-16° C.